We offer the most comprehensive and cost effective management solution in the industry!
Our company has established a higher standard for the property management industry by incorporating innovative processes and systems which are managed by a professional and well-trained staff of experienced managers, maintenance technicians, and high level accountants. Our services and performance were developed from our 20+ years of experience and we focus on meeting our customer’s expectations every single day.
As a full-service property management firm, we offer:
• Aggressive marketing and advertising of rental properties – Protecta spends thousands of dollars every month on advertising our vacant rental properties. We have negotiated exclusive contracts with the most effective advertising mediums and providers to ensure top placement and frequency. As a result, we take hundreds of calls daily from prospective tenants.
• Initiation of leases and tenant placement – We use a lease that is compliant with all laws including those set forth by the Real Estate Commission and all Fair Housing Laws as well as state laws.
• Rigorous credit, income and criminal screening – Protecta makes every effort to find tenants who will pay rent timely and will take good care of your property. We require all applicants to verify their income to ensure they can afford the rent. We also run a background and credit check on everyone who is over age 18 in the home. We follow all federal and state real estate regulations to ensure you are in full compliance.
• Regular property inspections – We inspect all properties we manage on a regular basis to ensure they are being well maintained by the tenants. These inspections are done by qualified maintenance personnel who will inform you of any issues that need to be addressed so we can protect your property from further damage. We will also update you if we find any issues with the property’s plumbing, furnace, water heaters, air conditioners and other appliances. Please contact us to learn about other property care services we offer.
• Modern on-line accounting and financial reporting – Protecta utilizes a web-based property management system. We provide our property owners with on-line access to view their financial statements that show when monies are collected and any disbursements that have been made. We can provide numerous reports including tenant rental histories, work order history, property rental histories, and profit and loss statements. Our system provides you, the owner, with access to the information you need when you need it.
• Maintenance coordination – In addition to saving you money, Protecta provides high quality and timely maintenance on your property. Our in-house maintenance staff and preferred vendor relationships will save you time and money and ensure the repairs are done in compliance per State Property Code. In order to protect your property and ensure your tenants are taken care of, our maintenance technicians are available for 24-hour emergency service 7 days a week.
• Collections of rent and other payments – Our collection process is professional but tough and we are very diligent in collecting your rent in a timely manner to ensure positive cash flow. We set the expectation early on so that the tenants understand that their rent must be paid on time. In addition, as the rent payments come in, they are quickly disbursed to you through electronic direct deposit or standard check.
• Complete eviction processing – We follow proven and standard practices when it comes to collecting rent but in the event a tenant can no longer meet their rental obligation we will handle the eviction process swiftly. Our property managers are knowledgeable in state and local property management laws. If rents are not paid on time, we initiate the legal steps necessary to collect rents and/or evict tenants. We handle the entire eviction process so you won’t have to.
Whether you are a property owner, prospective tenant, investor, or looking for a franchise opportunity to start your own property management company, Protecta has the expertise to handle your property management needs. With more than 20 years experience and more than 200 locations serving tens of thousands of properties, we have proven, time and time again, that we can help property owners manage their properties.
At Real Property Management, we offer a web-based system where investors can access information on their properties 24/7. Investors can view customized property management reports that provide data such as occupancy rates, average rents, maintenance costs and other key measurements on properties. Investors can also reduce time spent managing multiple properties across several geographical regions and improve communication and operational efficiency.
We have integrated cutting-edge software applications, centralized our accounting function and fine-tuned our training processes to ensure our office teams are equipped to meet all your property management needs. So if you are looking for a property management company that will deliver quality services at a reasonable price, Protecta is the company for you.
Protecta Commercial services includes Management services, sales and leasing of office, retail and industrial space, consulting, real estate development, and construction services. Protecta has over 40 communities with nearly 9,300 apartment units in cities throughout California, Nevada, Arizina and Minesota serving over 25,000 residents.
Protecta has an extensive background of implementing creative solutions to complex real estate issues. The principal strength of Protecta is its ability to direct and manage resources, to enhance property values for its clients and to meet our individual clients’ objectives. We offer property management expertise with customized financial reporting capabilities.
The principals and associates of Protecta bring a wide range of disciplines and talents to the projects they undertake. We have a track record of serving clients ranging from local individual Owners to large corporate clients. This enables us to draw upon a broad range of experience in developing management plans for our clients’ portfolios.
Our organization offers a wide range of technical expertise, outstanding customer service, creative and assertive marketing and superior accounting and reporting abilities. We pride ourselves in establishing client relationships that allow ease in the flow of information between Owner and manager, to simplify the tasks of the Owner and to insure meeting the Owner’s investment objectives. The advantage of working with Protecta is the personal pride we take in our effort to design a strategy and management program that successfully meets the needs and requirements of each Owner.
Our history of accomplishments has earned us a reputation as a proactive property management company that executes our responsibilities with energy, ingenuity and integrity. Our professional management team combines extensive property management and financial expertise to design effective and creative solutions for specific ownership requirements. With personalized service and accurate financial reporting, properties managed by Protecta continue to achieve occupancies and financial performance that meets or exceeds our clients’ objectives.
PROTECTA is recognized as an industry leader in the markets it serves. The PROTECTA name is associated with a platinum standard of excellence that offers:
• Goal-oriented team members
• Outstanding service
• Long-term assets enhancement
• Development of mutually beneficial relationships and growth opportunities
Why Customers Choose PROTECTA
PROTECTA offers an excellent selection of quality apartment homes (conventional and affordable) that meet every pricing need. Ranging from efficiencies to one, two or three-bedroom apartments to townhomes, PROTECTA properties are found in prime city locations throughout CALIFORNIA, ARIZONA, NEVADA and MINESOTA. Each community is ideally situated in neighborhoods offering employment, education, healthcare, shopping, dining and entertainment, along with easy access to major transportation routes and public transportation.
From the moment a customer makes contact, the PLATINUM standard of excellence is provided. Each community and apartment home is meticulously prepared to ensure the highest quality living experience is available. Professional team members work closely with each customer to identify their wants and needs. Community and apartment tours are professionally conducted with features and amenities carefully detailed. Leasing is straightforward and uncomplicated; credit and background checks are confidential conducted using a fully accredited agency. And PROTECTA’s professional team members are there every step of the way to answer questions, lend assistance, and ensure each customer’s move-in and long-term living experience is delightful and hassle-free.
Why Residents Stay with PROTECTA
Residents are an important part of the PROTECTA family and treated like PLATINUM from the day they move in. The site team, supported by expert Home and Regional Office staff, take care of every detail for the resident. Each community is exceptionally maintained. Grounds and buildings are inspected daily to provide the resident with a community they are proud to call home. Maintenance needs are handled by skilled technicians quickly, efficiently and at the convenience of the resident. As well, the site team ensures that all community amenities (such as community rooms, laundry facilities, fitness centers, pool/hot tubs, parcel pickup, guest services, etc.) are also exceptionally maintained and available to all residents.
Why Investors Choose PROTECTA
PROTECTA’s relationship with its investors is based on integrity, trust and a proven track record. Whether the investor is new or seasoned, or the property is stable or troubled, PROTECTA is a steward of the investor’s capital. Dedicated to protecting and maximizing the value of the asset, each property is intelligently managed with a focus on market rents, occupancy levels, rent collection, resident retention, and the physical maintenance and upkeep of the property. The knowledge and experience of the entire PROTECTA team contributes to maximizing the property’s income stream and the return on investment, thereby increasing the property’s value and the owner’s equity.
Home Office and Regional Office Support
The support staff located at PROTECTA’s Home and Regional Offices are an added benefit. Staff in accounting, compliance, human resources, training and development, risk management, purchasing, customer service, capital projects and administration helps ensure that the goals and objectives of the owners and investors are achieved and the PLATINUM level of service is provided to customers and residents at all times.
Employee Recruitment and Screening
PROTECTA’s superior reputation has allowed the company to attract and retain outstanding industry professionals. Each employee is thoroughly screened using personality and aptitude assessments, with credit and background checks also conducted. PROTECTA cares about its customers and takes extra care to hire the most skilled, competent, and qualified individuals the industry has to offer.
PROTECTA offers one of the most comprehensive training programs around. From day one, each employee receives foundational training in fair housing, leasing, legal documents, inspections, resident retention, property maintenance, and in our state-of-the-art property management system Yardi. PROTECTA provides a wide variety of leadership and management training programs, conducts regular workshops and seminars, supports a variety of personal development opportunities for its employees, and contributes to memberships and other industry associations that offer continuing education. Further, PROTECTA’s management team provides a depth of knowledge and experience in the industry that ensures a wonderful environment for individuals to learn, grow and develop rewarding careers.
Each managed property benefits from the creative and innovative marketing experience provided by PROTECTA Regional Managers, Area Managers, Property Managers and Home Office personnel. Strategic marketing plans determine how dollars are spent to attract target audiences and qualified traffic.
PROTECTA’s computer systems and information technologies are state-of-the-art, from updated hardware and software such as Yardi to networks and email systems. Combined, these technologies allow PROTECTA to make sound business decisions based on management data that is accurate, fully-automated and real-time.
PROTECTA stays abreast of regulatory changes and environmental issues that affect our industry and provides immediate training and education to all employees.
• Rental collections and separate trust account banking (professionally trained collection department)
• Payment of all bills incurred on behalf of the property; including taxes, loan payment, insurance and repairs
• Prepare necessary forms at no additional cost; notice to quit, change of terms, 3-day pay or quit
• Complete eviction service (legal staff available from start to finish)
• Comprehensive, computerized monthly statements, including a complete record of all collections and disbursements
• Provide year-end statements of all income and expense for your tax record
• Conduct on-site exterior or interior inspections
• Information is forwarded to owner if there are changes in the law which will affect an investment property owner
• Semi-annual rental survey, maximization of rental income
• Marketing – design/place ad in local newspaper, distribute flyers, and contact government agencies (HUD) / or large local companies referral department. We will place a professional looking “For Rent” sign and if necessary, banners and flags.
• Web site – expose your property thorough the world wide web
• Answer calls – (24 hour exposure) by giving out details such as amount of rent, security deposit, terms, and directions.
• Show units – (any time) evenings/weekends/holidays. We personally meet prospective tenants and walk them throughout the property. By keeping track of comments and showings, we are able to keep the owner up dated with his particular property.
• Tenant Selection – Prospective tenants submit a detailed application. From the information provided on the application, we are able to perform a thorough credit history check, verification of employment, banking, and residential history.
• Move-in – Once we have a prospective tenant, we prepare the rental agreement for signing, provide the tenant with copies of house rules, CC&R’s, and a inspection form to make an inventory list of fixtures and condition of the property for future reference.
• Provide 24-hour, 365 day-per-year emergency service
• Coordinate and supervise all tenant maintenance needs through qualified vendors that are licensed and bonded
• Conduct move-out inspection of vacated units to determine refurbishing requirement.
• Keep detailed records of all maintenance performed on property.
• Full supervision of property support service such as pool, landscaping, etc.
Our goal is to increase our client’s profitability. We help reduce vacancy rate by bringing more qualified tenants to our clients and by streamlining property management operations. We ensure that all clients keep units in cleanly conditions, pay rent on time, address tenant/landlord issues that can affect our clients profit margins. We offer:
- Rental collections and separate trust bank accounts (professionally trained collection department).
- Payment of all bills incurred on behalf of the property; including taxes, loan payment, insurance and repairs.
- Prepare necessary forms at no additional cost; notice to quit, change of terms, 3-day pay or quit
- Complete eviction service (legal staff available from start to finish).
- Comprehensive, computerized monthly statements, including a complete record of all collections and disbursements.
- Provide year-end statements of all income and expense for your tax record.
- Conduct on-site exterior or interior inspections.
- Information is forwarded to owner if there are changes in the law which will affect an investment property owner.
- Semi-annual rental survey, maximization of rental income.
- Online access to your account and detailed weekly report on each tenant.
- Web site
- Answer calls
- Show units
- Tenant Selection
- Provide 24-hour, 365 day-per-year emergency service
- Coordinate and supervise all tenant maintenance needs through qualified vendors that are licensed and bonded
- Conduct move-out inspection of vacated units to determine refurbishing requirement.
- Keep detailed records of all maintenance performed on property.
- Full supervision of property support service such as pool, landscaping, etc…..
Interested in Commercial Property Management? Complete our Client Inquiry Form and one of our Business Development Managers will be in contact with you within 24 hours.